Within the Passage
Nobility by Association: While not born into nobility, due to your sigil you have been adopted in name by a notable family. As such, you’ve managed to increase your standing and station in polite society. As a token of your new family’s favor they have decided to fund you as you attend Greenvale.
• Your starting cash increases by 450 gold.
• You gain a +1 trait bonus to Knowledge (Nobility) and Knowledge (Nobility) is always a class skill for you
Poisonbane: Constant encounters with the lizardfolk tribes, and their favored tactics, has enabled you to better resist their debilitating toxins better than most.
• You gain a +2 trait bonus to Fortitude saves to resist the effects of poisons.
Skullduggery: Verbal trickery, bribery and under-handed tactics are second nature to a native of the Inner Coast’s lawless nature.
• You gain a +1 trait bonus to Bluff and Sleight of Hand check, and one of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.
Hot Blooded: Living in a desert society is rough, especially for those merely visiting. But, as a native, your body has accustomed to the constant heat and cloudless skies.
• Gain a +2 trait bonus to Fortitude saving throws versus Fatigue and Exhaustion spells and effects. In addition, you gain this bonus to Fortitude checks when staving off the effects of hot weather exposure.
Flower Child: Repeated exposure to plant and animal life through everyday encounters with nomadic druids throughout your life has taught you a few things.
• Gain a +1 trait bonus to Handle Animal and Knowledge (Nature) checks, and one of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.
Cold Blooded: A harsh environment in a tough civilization has given you the ability to withstand the unforgiving rigors of the northern tundra’s winter-like climate.
• Gain a +2 trait bonus to saving throws versus cold and ice based spells and effects. In addition, you gain this bonus to Fortitude checks when staving off the effects of cold weather exposure.
Trader: Commerce and trade have been a staple in your everyday life.
• You gain a +1 trait bonus to Appraise and Diplomacy checks, and one of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.
Shield Solider: The nation of Cronia’s required training in the military has taught you a great deal of combat with a shield, instilling the ideal that a good defense is the best offense.
• When using a shield and using the Fighting Defensively or Total Defense option you gain a +2 trait bonus to your CMD against Trip, Bull Rush and Disarm attempts targeting your shield. This bonus lasts until the start of your next turn.
Alcoholic: At a young age you’d always sneak a sip or two from your parents’ liquor cabinet. Now, as an adult, it has helped you greatly in local drinking contests at the nearby tavern.
• Gain a +2 trait bonus to Fortitude checks when resisting the effects of, and addiction to, alcohol.
• If you get addicted to alcohol, the penalties for these addictions are halved.
Undead Exposure: Living in a gloomy and swampy region has allowed you the opportunity to experience a plethora of undead from a very early age. As such, you’ve learned how to resist their combat their methods.
• Gain a +1 trait bonus on all critical hit confirmation rolls against undead
• Gain a +2 trait bonus to Fortitude saving throws to stave off the effects of energy drain when employed by an undead creature.
Martial Observer: Growing up in the city has given you easy access to the martial arts tournaments held every year. After watching these tournaments and returning home, you would emulate the fighters in your room, away from prying eyes. This was the closest you were ever able to become a member of one of the various monk training academies.
• Gain a +1 trait bonus to damage rolls when fighting unarmed.
Bestial Resistance: Growing up, and surviving, in the savage wild lands is a feat all its own. The lands are constantly being plagued by lycanthropic beasts. As a result, your body has learned to adjust to this overwhelming threat.
• Gain a +2 trait bonus to Fortitude saves to resist contracting Lycanthropy.
• If you contract Lycanthropy, you gain a +2 trait bonus to your Willpower saving throw to become aware of your condition
• If you become aware of your condition, you gain a +2 trait bonus to your Constitution save to change forms.
Distant Shot: Life in the elven lands was fairly simple and relaxed. You weren’t rushed into any training and were given ample time to learn to use a bow.
• When using a longbow or shortbow (not including composites or any other bow-like weapon) increase your range increment by +10 feet. This is a trait bonus.
Historian: The fallen city of Kolathur fires your curiosity and drives you to adventure. Tired of only learning of the civilization through dusty tomes, you have followed rumors of ruins hoping to unearth some new discovery. Perhaps you might even earn a mention of your own in a future historical tome.
• Gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (history) checks and bardic knowledge checks, and Knowledge (history) is always a class skill for you.
Underworld Explorer: For as long as you can remember, you have felt at home underground: the open spaces and endless sky of the above ground world unnerve you. You believe your destiny lies deep underground, and someday you hope to see the fantastic caverns of the Underdark beneath the surface or perhaps even visit one of the ancient vaults of Orv in the
deepest layers of the Underdark.
• Gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (dungeoneering) checks, and a +1 trait bonus on Survival checks made in a specific area and one of these skills becomes class skill for you.